Has working in a start-up environment always been a dream of yours?
Being part of a team that is in the midst of product development is aligned with your career goals?
And revolutionizing the world of skiing by participating in the technological development of this sector fits perfectly with your love of technology?
Keep reading, we probably have something interesting for you!
Who are we?
Paradocs is a tech start-up that develops an integrated solution (MtnOS) for the wonderful ski industry! We describe ourselves as a mountain partner for resorts. Sharing a common passion for snow sports with our clients, we strive to offer an integrated solution that meets their needs and ultimately allows skiers/boarders to have the best experience on the mountains.
Reporting to the Vice President of Research and Development, the Fullstack Developer's mission is to ensure the development of the MtnOs software platform and to improve the lives of users.
Below are details on what we expect from a Fullstack developer at Paradocs:
Architecture & Software Product Development
- Understand and determine the business rules and logic specific to each ski resort and ensure that the technological solutions developed meet and are constantly aligned with the real business of customers
- Perform integration of existing software products with external APIs to enhance our service offering
- Contribute to the design and architecture of the business logic and data structure to enable performance optimization and future enhancements
- Perform Back-End coding, develop in Java Spring using the MongoDB database
You will work in an environment where agility and autonomy are part of daily activities
- Participation in daily scrum meetings, sprint reviews and sprint retros
- Participate in the weekly show & tell in order to see the work done by your peers, present what you have done and stay informed of the progress of the product
- Participate in bi-weekly sprint planning
- Access to direct customer feedback
Rigor & Quality
You will be responsible for ensuring the quality and accuracy of your work by collaborating with your peers and quality assurance specialists.
- Follow and implement Angular development standards (best practices)
- Good use and management of technical debt (identification, documentation and resolution)
- Participate in the implementation of strategies to increase quality and facilitate quality assurance (automated tests, end-to-end tests, unit tests, etc.
Ideal profile sought
- Curious to have an end to end vision (Front-End to Back-End through the database)
- Excellent in providing creative solutions
- Ability to solve complex problems in a context of using a wide range of technologies
- A person who likes to pay attention to detail
- Excellent technical skills and comfortable with a wide range of technologies
- Ability to meet deadlines in a context of multiple deliverables
- Resourceful and self-directed
- Ability to work with remote colleagues
- Having a passion for mountains and/or the outdoors
- Ability to comprehend the realities and needs of ski areas and ski/snowboard enthusiasts
Experience and qualifications required
- Relevant training (e.g.: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, DEC in Multimedia integration…)
- Experience in microservices development
- Experience in API design
- Experience in setting up unit and integration tests
- Knowledge of spoken and written French and English
- Experience in the ski industry is an asset
- Good ability to read, write and understand English
Paradocs is first and foremost a High-Performance team that desires to bring amends to the world of ski resort operations and thus enhance the experience of skiers and snowboarders. It is also about...
- A place where you can have fun due to its young, dynamic, relaxed and flexible environment.
- A close-knit and fulfilled team of 20 employees who are passionate about technology and skiing, where people stay.
- A strong corporate culture based on commitment, rigour, loyalty and passion for mountain sports and the outdoors.
- A growing company
- A close relationship between the team members and a warm atmosphere- Family hub.
- Work in a cutting-edge and a high technological environment (e.g.: microservices architecture, Java Spring, MongoDB, Kafka, Rancher, Gitlab, Kubernetes, Balena, React Native, Angular, Electron)
Our working conditions:
For mountain and technology enthusiasts, we are among those with the best conditions in town
- Competitive salary, I promise!
- 100% employer-paid group insurance
- Telehealth with Dialogue
- Variable schedule
- Access to free ski passes (which is a great benefit to ski and snowboard enthusiasts)
- Career advancement opportunities
You are not sure if you have everything you need to apply? Apply anyway and our HR Partner will review your application to see if there's a chair for you!