Has doing an internship in a start-up environment always been part of your dream? Being part of a real team that is in the middle of product development is aligned with your career goals? And revolutionizing the world of skiing by participating in the technological development of this sector fits perfectly with your love of technology?
Keep reading, we probably have something interesting for you!
Who are we?
Paradocs is a tech start-up that develops an integrated solution (MtnOS) for the wonderful ski industry! We describe ourselves as a mountain partner for resorts. Sharing a common passion for snow sports with our clients, we strive to offer an integrated solution that meets their needs and ultimately allows skiers/boarders to have the best experience on the mountains.
Reporting to the Vice President of Research and Development, the Data Scientist's mission is to :
- Perform end-to-end data pipelines (collect, clean, analyze), with the opportunity to participate in data enhancement (graph, front end, report).
- Participate in the design and implementation of a new data-driven architecture.
- Model, train and choose the most interesting algorithms concerning the use cases selected with management: from simple statistics to the most advanced models.
- Demonstrate and present the results of this research internally and to customers.
- Deploy all or part of the most relevant algorithms within the software solution.
Ideal profile sought
- Ability to work under pressure to meet periodic deadlines
- Autonomy, reliability, excellent organizational skills, team player
- Having a passion for mountains and/or the outdoors
- Ability to comprehend the realities and needs of ski areas and ski/snowboard enthusiasts
Experience and qualifications required
- Bachelors' degree in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience in database management.
- Desire to gain further experience in data management and algorithms.
- Knowledge of spoken and written French and English.
- Experience in the technology field (an asset)
- Bilingualism (a strong asset)
Paradocs is first and foremost a High-Performance team that desires to bring amends to the world of ski resort operations and thus enhance the experience of skiers and snowboarders. It is also about...
- A place where you can have fun due to its young, dynamic, relaxed and flexible environment.
- A close-knit and fulfilled team of 30 employees who are passionate about technology and skiing, where people stay.
- A strong corporate culture based on commitment, rigour, loyalty and passion for mountain sports and the outdoors.
- A growing company.
- A close relationship between the team members and a warm atmosphere- Family hub.
- Work in a cutting-edge and a high technological environment (e.g.: microservices architecture, Java Spring, MongoDB, Kafka, Rancher, Gitlab, Kubernetes, Balena, React Native, Angular, Electron).
Our working conditions:
For mountain and technology enthusiasts, we are among those with the best conditions in town
- Satellite office at Mont St-Anne to practice ski'n work.
- Access to free ski passes (which is a great benefit to ski and snowboard enthusiasts).
- Access to high performance mountain bikes.
- Opportunities to continue part-time while studying and to have a full-time position afterwards.
- Activities organized by our Social Club (happy hours, cycling, skiing, climbing, etc.).
You are not sure if you have everything you need to apply? Apply anyway and our HR Partner will review your application to see if there's a chair for you!