Do you have SaaS selling experience?
Have you always dreamed of adding a ski run to your client visits?
Are you tripping over the mountains and all the sports activities you can do there?
If you are a perfect mix between Ski Expert and a Sales expert, and participating in the growth of a technology company that aims to transform ski resorts is an inspiring project for you, keep reading, we might have just the role for you!
Who are we?
We are an enterprise SaaS company specializing in the ski industry! Offering a solution exclusively for ski areas, Paradocs stands out for its technological advancements in the field. Offering an all-in-one system for resorts, our product is a must for optimizing the smooth operation of ski resorts. We describe ourselves as a mountain partner, we want to improve the customer experience through technology and accompany our customers in their daily challenges.
Reporting to the Vice President of Business Development and Customer Success, the Business Development Manager will be in charge of promoting the products and services of Paradocs Mountain Software, and help develop and keep a strategic and competitive position in North America.
The role will be to qualify and proactively seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential new ski resorts to drive the company’s business and increase revenues.
As Business Development Manager at Paradocs, you will:
- Create strategic territory plans for expansion and growth in key territories.
- Proactively prospect, promote, present and sell products or services using solid arguments to prospective ski resorts.
- Maximize company’s consultative sales process and sales cycles to achieve yearly budget and deadlines.
Expand current position in the North American market.
Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule.
Demonstrate solution and vendor superiority that support ski resorts’ needs and challenges.
- Building trusting relationships with potential customers.
- Work with the Sales Technical Engineer to align strategies and practices.
- Expands the profile and reach of the company and its brand.
- Maintain and update account contacts, new business opportunities and sales activities through effective CRM management (weekly).
- Provide precise territory forecasts for new project opportunities and industry partnerships.
- Prepare and submit to management weekly reports with sales, customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Provide weekly reports for all sales process activities in the Company’s CRM to build an accurate sales pipeline and optimize the sales cycle (weekly).
- Helps direct development of customer-facing sales collateral documents.
- Fulfills requests for proposals (RFPs) from potential customers.
Stay current with competitor landscape, products, business models and trends and monitor market fluctuations, tendencies, and trends.
Share regular feedback with product development, marketing and finances.
Liaise between ski resorts, technical support, finances and customer success departments.
- Attend trade and consumer events to promote the brand and find new business opportunities.
Ideal profile for a Business Development Manager
- Native English speaking and writing, French is an asset
- Process and result-oriented: the ability to work independently to achieve necessary, on time, results
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Negotiation skills: this negotiation expert will know how to rally different contributors for complex and ambitious projects
- Excellent communication skills through questioning and listening
- Excellent oral and written skills: Comfortable presenting technical information to different groups of people and ability to deliver engaging presentations
- Relational and interpersonal skills
- Research and analytical skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Business acumen and sense of partnership
- Superior work ethic and integrity
- Avid skier and/or snowboarder is a must
- Open for travel (%): up to 30%
Experience and qualifications required
- 5+ years in the Ski resorts market space, preferably as a technology vendor
- University Education in sales, technology and/or business development
- Proven sales background and success in selling software solutions (SaaS, ERP, etc.)
- Superior sales DNA and total commitment that drives success
- Background in a B2B sales model (Ski resort’s experience is a must)
- Strong understanding of ski resorts operations, technology and systems management
- Superior technology knowledge and expertise
- Proficient in all Google Suite programs
Paradocs Mountain Software main office is located in Québec City. The ideal place of residence would be the province of Québec. The person recruited for this position will have to travel throughout Canada/USA on a regular basis.
Paradocs is first and foremost a High-Performance team that desires to bring amends to the world of ski resort operations and thus enhance the experience of skiers and snowboarders. It is also about...
- A place where you can have fun due to its young, dynamic, relaxed and flexible environment.
- A close-knit and fulfilled team of 30 employees who are passionate about technology and skiing, where people stay.
- A strong corporate culture based on commitment, rigor, loyalty and passion for mountain sports and the outdoors.
- A growing company.
- A close relationship between the team members and a warm atmosphere- Family hub.
- Work in a cutting-edge and high technological environment
Our working conditions:
For mountain and technology enthusiasts, we are among those with the best conditions in town
- Flexible schedule
- Group insurance paid 50% by the employer
- RRSP with employer contribution
- Tele-medicine with Dialogue
- Corporate Performance Sharing Program
- Access to our corporate ski and Mtn Bike passes (which is a great benefit for ski or board enthusiasts)
- Access to our fleet of mountain bikes
- Access to our satellite office at the foot of the slopes of Mont Ste-Anne to practice ski’n work
- All kinds of activities organized by our social club (happy hours, bike rides, ski trips, climbing, etc.)
- Career advancement opportunities