Is having a major impact on the company you work for something that drives you? Is developing a product related to the wonderful world of skiing clearly an addition to your motivation? Is your leadership expressed as much in the sharing of knowledge as in your technological expertise?
Keep reading, we need to talk!
Who are we?
Paradocs is a tech start-up that develops an integrated solution (MtnOS) for the wonderful ski industry! We describe ourselves as a mountain partner for resorts. Sharing a common passion for snow sports with our clients, we strive to offer an integrated solution that meets their needs and ultimately allows skiers/boarders to have the best experience on the mountains.
Reporting to the Vice President of Research and Development, the Developer's mission is to ensure the development of the MtnOs software platform.
Below are details on what we expect from a Senior Developer & Architect at Paradocs:
Architecture & Software Product Development
As a Senior developer & architect, you will be responsible of software product development. This role includes a wide range of projects and responsibilities :
- Understand and determine the business rules and logic specific to each ski resort and ensure that the technological solutions developed meet and are constantly aligned with the real business of customers.
- Perform integration of existing software products with external APIs to enhance our service offering.
- Collaborate with the team in the development of new features.
- Take the lead on design of the business logic and data structure to enable performance optimization and future enhancements.
You will work in an environment where agility and autonomy are part of daily activities
- Participation in daily scrum meetings, sprint reviews and sprint retros.
- Participate in bi-weekly sprint planning and functionality design.
- Assign you, from the sprint backlog, your future tasks according to your expertise.
- Access to direct customer feedback.
Rigor & Quality
You will be responsible for ensuring the quality and accuracy of your work by collaborating with your peers and quality assurance specialists
- Follow and implement development standards.
- Good use and management of technical debt (identification, documentation and resolution).
- Participate in the implementation of strategies to increase quality and facilitate quality assurance (automated tests, end-to-end tests, unit tests, etc.)
Ideal profile sought
- Experience with multiple technical stacks or multiple architectures
- Excellent technical skills and comfortable with a wide range of technologies
- Ability to meet deadlines in a context of multiple deliverables
- Resourceful and self-directed
- Ability to work with remote colleagues
- Having a passion for mountains and/or the outdoors
- Ability to comprehend the realities and needs of ski areas and ski/snowboard enthusiasts
Experience and qualifications required
- Relevant training (e.g.: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, or equivalent experience)
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience
- Experience in Back-End development in Java Spring
- Experience in development & design in microservices architecture
- Experience with Kafka technology
- Experience with MongoDB database or other NoSQL
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in the ski industry is an asset
- Good ability to read, write and understand English
Paradocs is first and foremost a High-Performance team that desires to bring amends to the world of ski resort operations and thus enhance the experience of skiers and snowboarders. It is also about...
- A place where you can have fun due to its young, dynamic, relaxed and flexible environment.
- A close-knit and fulfilled team of 30 employees who are passionate about technology and skiing, where people stay.
- A strong corporate culture based on commitment, rigour, loyalty and passion for mountain sports and the outdoors.
- A growing company
- A close relationship between the team members and a warm atmosphere- Family hub.
- Work in a cutting-edge and a high technological environment (e.g.: microservices architecture, Java Spring, MongoDB, Kafka, Rancher, Gitlab, Kubernetes, Balena, React Native, Angular, Electron)
Our working conditions
For mountain and technology enthusiasts, we are among those with the best conditions in town
- Flexible schedule
- Group insurance paid 50% by the employer
- RRSP with employer contribution
- Tele-medicine with Dialogue
- Corporate Performance Sharing Program
- Access to our corporate ski and Mtn Bike passes (which is a great benefit for ski or board enthusiasts).
- Access to our fleet of mountain bikes
- Access to our satellite office at the foot of the slopes of Mont St-Anne to practice ski’n work
- All kinds of activities organized by our social club (happy hours, bike rides, ski trips, climbing, etc.).
- Career advancement opportunities
You are not sure if you have everything you need to apply? Apply anyway and our HR Partner will review your application to see if there's a chair for you!