Has working in a start-up environment always been a dream of yours? Being part of a team that is in the midst of product development is aligned with your career goals? And revolutionizing the world of skiing by participating in the technological development of this sector fits perfectly with your love of technology?
Keep reading, we probably have something interesting for you!
Who are we?
Paradocs is a tech start-up that develops an integrated solution (MtnOS) for the wonderful ski industry! We describe ourselves as a mountain partner for resorts. Sharing a common passion for snow sports with our clients, we strive to offer an integrated solution that meets their needs and ultimately allows skiers/boarders to have the best experience on the mountains.
Reporting to the Vice President of Research and Development, the Front-End Developer's mission is to improve the lives of users on MtnOS software platform.
Below are details on what we expect from an Angular developer at Paradocs:
Architecture & Software Product Development
As a Back-End developer, you will be responsible of architecture & software product development. This role includes a wide range of projects and responsibilities :
- Understand and determine the business rules and logic specific to each ski resort and ensure that the technological solutions developed meet and are constantly aligned with the real business of customers
- Perform integration of existing software products with external APIs to enhance our service offering
- Collaborate with the front-end team in the development of new features
- Contribute to the design and architecture of the business logic and data structure to enable performance optimization and future enhancements
You will work in an environment where agility and autonomy are part of daily activities
- Participation in daily scrum meetings, sprint reviews and sprint retros
- Participate in the weekly show & tell in order to see the work done by your peers, present what you have done and stay informed of the progress of the product
- Participate in bi-weekly sprint planning
- Assign you, from the sprint backlog, your future tasks according to your expertise & interests
- Access to direct customer feedback
Rigor & Quality
You will be responsible for ensuring the quality and accuracy of your work by collaborating with your peers and quality assurance specialists
- Follow and implement Java development standards (best practices)
- Good use and management of technical debt (identification, documentation and resolution)
- Participate in the implementation of strategies to increase quality and facilitate quality assurance (automated tests, end-to-end tests, unit tests, etc.)
Ideal profile sought
- A person who likes to pay attention to detail
- Excellent technical skills and comfortable with a wide range of technologies
- Ability to manage multiple files at once
- Ability to meet deadlines in a context of multiple deliverables
- Resourceful and self-directed
- Ability to work with remote colleagues
- Having a passion for mountains and/or the outdoors
- Ability to comprehend the realities and needs of ski areas and ski/snowboard enthusiasts
Experience and qualifications required
- Relevant training (e.g.: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, or equivalent experience)
- Experience in Back-End development in Java Spring
- Experience in microservices development
- Experience in REST and GraphQL API design
- Experience with Kafka technology
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Experience with MongoDB database
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in the ski industry is an asset
- Good ability to read, write and understand English
Examples of upcoming challenges
- Showcase the digital experience for skiers through new features on web and mobile platforms.
- Enhance better communication between managers, clients and instructors thereby improving the efficiency of ski schools.
- Redefine a new component library for the MtnOS application.
- Create a unique and effective style within the MtnOS application.
Example of challenges accomplished
- Due to Covid, the Paradocs team had to quickly assist ski resorts in their management of authorized skier capacity on the mountain via new e-commerce, IoT and MtnOS management platform features.
Paradocs is first and foremost a High-Performance team that desires to bring amends to the world of ski resort operations and thus enhance the experience of skiers and snowboarders. It is also about...
- A place where you can have fun due to its young, dynamic, relaxed and flexible environment.
- A close-knit and fulfilled team of 20 employees who are passionate about technology and skiing, where people stay.
- A strong corporate culture based on commitment, rigour, loyalty and passion for mountain sports and the outdoors.
- A growing company.
- A close relationship between the team members and a warm atmosphere- Family hub.
- Work in a cutting-edge and a high technological environment (e.g.: microservices architecture, Java Spring, MongoDB, Kafka, Rancher, Gitlab, Kubernetes, Balena, React Native, Angular, Electron).
Our working conditions:
For mountain and technology enthusiasts, we are among those with the best conditions in town
- Competitive salary, I promise!
- 100% employer-paid group insurance
- Telehealth with Dialogue
- Variable schedule
- Access to free ski passes (which is a great benefit to ski and snowboard enthusiasts)
- Career advancement opportunities
You are not sure if you have everything you need to apply? Apply anyway and our HR Partner will review your application to see if there's a chair for you!